We believe that Jesus commanded us to love one another. Therefore, we value a commitment to intentionally model covenantal relationships among ourselves and encourage them across the greater Body of Christ.
Ro 13:8; Lev 19:18; Jn 13:34-35
We believe that the Body of Christ is a mosaic made up of many parts but when put together, it forms a beautiful reflection of Jesus. Therefore, we value our denominational, racial, ethnic, and other demographic differences that reflect the colorful bride of Christ.
I Co 12:1-5; Col 3:11; Rev 7:9; Acts 10:34-35
We believe in Jesus’ prayer for believers to be one. Therefore, we value the whole Church (composed of many unique, local congregations with Jesus as the head Shepherd) praying and working together to make His prayer a reality without any congregation losing its theological or cultural distinctiveness.
Jn 17:20-23; Jn 10:16; Eph 4:4; I Cor 12:12-27; Col 3:14
We believe in obeying Jesus’ command to make disciples of all nations. Therefore, we value the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all peoples in relevant ways that will then transform our world one life at a time.
I Tim 2:3-4; Mt 28:18-20; II Cor 5:18
5. Societal Impact
We believe that God has chosen the Church to have a transforming impact on the world. Therefore, we value the Church being a righteous voice and a catalyst for establishing God’s kingdom here on earth in all aspects of culture and society for His glory.
Ps 24:1; Mt 6:10
6. Strategic Partnership
We believe in forging synergistic relationships among churches and para-church organizations, accomplishing more together than any one church or ministry can do alone. Therefore, we value partnerships and endeavors that effectively network and mobilize Christians to advance the Kingdom of God together.
Ecc 4:9-12; Eph 4:16
7. God Dependence
We believe that apart from Christ we can do nothing. Therefore, we value prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit as He inspires, directs and empowers the work of transformation in our county and in the nations.
Pr 3:5-6; Jn 5:19; Jn 15:4-5
The following statements, one ancient and one modern, guide PACT as a whole, and do not necessarily reflect in all aspects the views of individual members.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary, Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; He ascended into heaven, He is seated at the right hand of God, the Father, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the one holy Christian church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
National Association of Evangelicals Statement
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.